RMS Services ITIL Service Level Management
The goal of Service Level Management is to ensure that an agreed level of IT service is provided for all current IT services and that future services are delivered to agreed achievable targets.
Proactive measures are also taken to seek and implement improvements to the level of service delivered.
The purpose of the SLM process is to ensure that all operational services and their performance are measured in a consistent, professional manner throughout the IT organisation and that the services and reports produced meet the needs of the business and customers.
The objectives of SLM are:
- Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of IT services provided
- Provide and improve the relationship and communication with the business and customers
- Ensure that specific and measurable targets are developed for all IT services
- Monitor and improve customer satisfaction with the quality of service delivered
- Ensure that IT and the customers have a clear and unambiguous expectation of the level of service to be delivered
- Ensure the proactive measures to improve the levels of delivered are implemented wherever it is cost-justifiable to do so
The RMS solution supports Service Level Management by:
- Commonly established SLAs for standard processes such as Incident and Change Management are embedded in the system to measure performance against targets defined by the priority and SLA in effect. Calculations are automatically made against flexible working calendars to produce standard response and resolution metrics
- Further SLAs can be defined and the documentation stored within the CMS against the relevant service or CI, to provide a common repository and access to the information for the relevant support personnel
- Standard reporting to the business within the web portal on common SLAs
- The facility for additional customised reports addressing required metrics that can be added to the web portal or client application
- Facility to survey customers on their satisfaction levels
- Identification of problem areas through standard reports to help improve service levels
- Use the Content Management System aspect of the web portal to publish details of the Service Level Agreements to the business to help manage expectation and improve communication
Copyright © 2012 RMS Services Ltd. - All Rights Reserved
Website designed & hosted by AztecMedia.eu, Yeovil, Somerset